Volunteers are the life-blood of any non-profit organization. From the President and Board of Directors on down to our newest members, all make a contribution. Without them, we would not be able to accomplish our goals let alone carry on with our various projects. Over the past several years, many volunteers have come and gone, and we want to thank them all for the time and effort they have donated to the Canadian Aviation Museum. Without them, we would not be where we are today.
Beginning in 2011, a Volunteer of the Year will be named annually by the President, recognizing a person who has gone above and beyond in their contributions to the organization. Below are their names. Congratulations and a big “thank you” from all of us!
“Volunteer of the Year” Award Recipients
2011 – Vince Huha (1932 – 2012)
2012 – Roy Levergood
2013 – Mary Guthrie
2014 – Don Christopher
2015 – John Bell
2016 – Matt Beasley
2017 – Connie Richards
2018 – Richard Fox
2019 – Cheryl Major
2020 – Perry Burford
2021 – Larry Whitmore
2022 – Dave Fluke
Some of our amazing Volunteers
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
Every volunteer must be a Member of the Canadian Aviation Museum (CAM) and you benefit
from all Membership benefits including:
- Receive “In the Loop“, our organization’s member bulletin
- Free entry to CAM
- Membership in the CAM Scale Model Club
- Invitations to Volunteer events
- Discounts at the CAM Gift Shop
- Invitations to special events with special member pricing
- A vote on issues and elections of directors at annual general meetings and special meetings
- As a volunteer you will also have the following additional benefits:
- Opportunity for complimentary tickets to community events when available
- You will have a first-hand account of all the wonderful projects happening at CAM along with the opportunity to volunteer for multiple projects.
- You will also be welcome to use our library to read and become more familiar with the stories and history of our veterans. This will help you to tell your family and friends about the sacrifices made for our freedom and keep the history alive.
Anyone interested in volunteering must be 16 years of age or older and meet with our Manager of Volunteer Services for an interview to discuss skills, area of interest and complete all necessary documents including a Police Clearance.
If you would like to come out and help in any way, whether it is working on the Lancaster or Mosquito projects, staffing the gift shop, giving hangar tours or just doing various jobs, we welcome your support. Become part of the team!
Contact us for more information:
We Rely On The Skills,
Generosity & Efforts Of
Our Members To Help
Us Reach Our Goals.
Membership is what defines any
organization and the Canadian Aviation Museum is no different.
Become a member today!