The Fairchild Model 24 is a four-seat, single-engine monoplane light transport aircraft designed by the Fairchild Aviation Corporation in the 1930s. It was adopted by the United States Army Air Corps as UC-61, the RCAF and also by the Royal Air Force. The Model 24 was itself a development of previous Fairchild models and became a successful civil and military utility aircraft.
CAM's 1946 Fairchild 24R was donated by the previous owner to the association. He had purchased it from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, ON, who had restored the aircraft to airworthy status and painted it in its current RCAF markings. The paint scheme commemorates one of only two Argus' taken on strength by the RCAF in WWII. Argus 4809 served at RCAF Station Rockcliffe from November 1940 until October 1945. The other Fairchild 24H, registered as 699, was struck off strength in December 1942.